How we pick our products
Constant technological breakthroughs are making us ever more connected to each other and the world. In fact, many believe that smartwatches will eventually replace cell phones in our lives. While this has yet to happen, these fantastic little tools are certainly here to stay.
Android smartwatches are among the most popular models on the market. In addition to its reputation, this operating system offers a wide range of advantages. You can learn all about this – and much more – in our newt article on Android smartwatches. Will you dare join the technological revolution?
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Android Smartwatches on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Android Smartwatches
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Summary
- Android smartwatches allow you to do everything from monitoring your fitness or sleep patterns to using GPS or collecting data on your menstruation cycles.
- These devices aren’t necessarily compatible with every cell phone on the market. This is a pivotal aspect to check before making your purchase, or you could have an unpleasant surprise.
- Your style, preferences, and needs will tailor your decision. You can opt for a model that follows the watchmaking tradition or, on the contrary, that bets on modernity and a casual look. We will delve into the main shopping criteria in the final section of our guide.
Our Selection: The Best Android Smartwatches on the U.S. Market
One of the most attractive aspects of Android smartwatches is the variety of options available to you. In the following section, you will discover our own selection of the most popular models currently on the American market. In the descriptions below, you can learn more about each one and, hopefully, find the smartwatch that best suits your needs and style.
- Best Samsung Android Smartwatch
- Best Android Smartwatch for the Whole Family
- Best Android Smartwatch for Fitness Lovers
- Best Budget-Friendly Android Smartwatch
Best Samsung Android Smartwatch
The South Korean brand isn’t just a leader in the cell phone world; its smartwatches are some of the best on the market. The Galaxy Watch is an elegant, all-round device that you can wear to your business meetings or during hikes. Compatible with Android and iOS smartphones, it lets you make calls directly with it, among the many features it offers. It comes with an additional strap and a charging dock. 1-year warranty included.
Best Android Smartwatch for the Whole Family
This very affordable model is ideal for active families. It is available in three different colors, so everyone can be happy with their smartwatch. It boasts a stylish, no-frills design and a great autonomy that can last up to 10 days. You can sync this model to your Android or iOS cell phone to receive notifications of incoming calls, text messages, and emails right on your wrist. You can even wear this smartwatch while you swim!
Best Android Smartwatch for Fitness Lovers
Fitbit revolutionized the smartwatch game, creating models truly tailored to athletes and active people. The Versa is a best-selling smartwatch that features Amazon’s AI assistant Alexa, as well as an incredible number of apps to make your life easier. You can make payments using Fitbit Pay, track your sleep cycles, and keep an eye on your fitness goals. This Android-compatible device is available in six different color schemes.
Best Budget-Friendly Android Smartwatch
If this is your first time using a smartwatch or simply if you want to keep your purchase as affordable as possible, this model is an excellent option. Once you connect it to your Android smartphone, you will view all your notifications without having to reach in your pocket. You can also make and answer calls with it, set your alarm, or play music. This may be the cheapest model of our selection, but it offers incredible value for money!
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Android Smartwatches
What is an Android smartwatch exactly?
Samsung smartwatches, for instance, use their own operating system called Tizen. But that doesn’t mean you can’t use them; since 2013, these devices are also compatible with Android applications and tools. In any case, not all compatible models can synchronize with every Android cell phone.
What are the advantages of Android-compatible smartwatches?
What is the difference between Wear OS and Android smartwatches?
- Wear OS devices: Formerly known as Android Wear, it was developed by Google and is generally found in smartwatches and smart bands. Manufacturers who opt for Wear OS can customize it to their liking. Currently, only a few brands and models are using this operating system.
- Android smartwatches: They are compatible with Android apps, functions, and tools without needing to run on this operating system. Manufacturers have started developing their own operating systems, but they are still 100% compatible with Android.
What are the characteristics of Android smartwatch screens?
Brightness is fundamental as it will determine the readability of the Android smartwatch you purchase. It’s not about offering dazzling quality, but rather about allowing you to use the device comfortably in any situation. The manufacturing material of the screen is key to prevent scratches. In that sense, tempered glass is the best option available on the market today.
What types of Android smartwatches are there?
- Android touchscreen smartwatches: These models tend to be sportier in character, as well as larger in size. They have a color-based touchscreen like cell phones. They are less elegant but more functional overall.
- Android analog-style smartwatches: Their design follows the classic watchmaking tradition. However, you can still find sport-type options with heart rate measurement and GPS tracking. They are the better choice for business environments.
Android smartwatches have established themselves on the market and aren’t going anywhere. They are a fantastic tool that allows you to better organize your day-to-day life and even keep track of your health! Every model is different, however, so making the right purchase can be tricky. In this final section, we will delve into the shopping criteria that can help you identify the Android smartwatch you need in your life.
This aspect is fundamental when purchasing any type of smartwatch. But what is compatibility really about? Shouldn’t every Android-enabled smartwatch work with any other device running on this operating system? In theory, yes, but the reality is that this isn’t necessarily the case when it comes to the cell phones with which you can synchronize your device. Be careful to avoid unpleasant surprises.
If you’re going to use your Android smartwatch intensively, this should be a priority to you. In addition, the charging time must be short enough for you not to have to leave your home without a full device. In the table below, we have listed these technical specs for the models that you can find in our selection of products:
|Samsung Galaxy Watch||Around 2 hours||Up to 3 days|
|Yamay 020 Smartwatch||Around 2 hours||Up to 10 days|
|Fitbit Versa 2||Around 1 hour||2 to 3 days|
|Pradory Smartwatch||Around 30 minutes||5 to 7 days|
Design isn’t all about aesthetics; your smartwatch should also fit with the environment in which you spend your days. If you are a businessperson, and even if you want to use the device to monitor your physical activity, we recommend you choose a traditional Android smartwatch. Otherwise, a more casual device will do the trick.
As we discussed earlier in this shopping guide, the screens of Android smartwatches aren’t designed for watching movies. This means that you shouldn’t expect large screens or incredible 4K resolution. However, you do need your watch to be bright enough for you to read easily, while a quality material will increase its durability.
|Samsung Galaxy Watch||1.3 inches|
|Yamay 020 Smartwatch||1.3 inches|
|Fitbit Versa 2||1.34 inches|
|Pradory Smartwatch||1.54 inches|
The reality is that today’s Android smartwatches often offer similar functionalities, allowing you to make the most of the whole range of apps of that operating system. However, there are slight differences between models. Some, for instance, let you play music without having to carry around your smartphone. Others include GPS functions.
Technology that seemed straight out of a sci-fi movie a couple of decades ago is very much real today. Progress is inevitable, and Android smartwatches are quite an astonishing example of this. They make your day-to-day life more comfortable and offer a wide range of features, from monitoring your heart to keeping up with your sleep cycles.
Every smartwatch is tailored to a specific audience, and making the right choice isn’t always simple. You have to consider different aspects, such as the screen size or autonomy of the device. Last but not least, don’t forget to make sure that the model you purchase is compatible with your cell phone.
Did you find the content of our shopping guide on Android smartwatches helpful and interesting? We’d love to hear which model you decided to buy, so feel free to leave us a comment in the section below. You can also share this article on your social media for others to enjoy!
(Featured Image Source: Luczka: NAAkwUf0wS8/ Unsplash.com)