How we pick our products
Who has never wanted to have an Apple computer? Of all the revolutions that have taken place in the world of computer technology, none has matched the innovation, aesthetics, and performance of Steve Jobs’ epic company. If you don’t believe us, keep reading our guide to find out more about it.
We’re sure that you are more than familiar with the Apple brand. However, few really delve into the diversity of the models it offers and how to truly make the most of them. In this new article, we will tell you all the fabulous secrets that have led Apple computers to their global success.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Apple Computers on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Apple Computers
- 3.1 What is an Apple computer exactly?
- 3.2 What operating system do Apple computers use?
- 3.3 What is the latest macOS version?
- 3.4 What kinds of Apple computers are there?
- 3.5 What advantages do Macs have over Windows computers?
- 3.6 Why do all Apple computers require an Apple ID?
- 3.7 What is iCloud exactly?
- 3.8 What apps come with my Mac?
- 3.9 What professional software is included with Apple computers?
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Summary
- Apple or Mac computers are certainly among the most efficient ever to exist. They stand out for the power of their processors, exquisite designs, and a user interface that makes them extremely intuitive for anyone. Founded by the legendary Steve Jobs, Apple is among the greatest tech companies in the world.
- Apple computer models are tailored to different user profiles and needs – whether you’re looking to work, study, or entertain yourself. The entire line of products, however, offers the same quality and excellence in terms of performance. The technical specs and designs will vary considerably, depending on whether you opt for a desktop or laptop computer.
- There are various vital criteria to take into account if you decide to by yourself a new Apple computer. These include the type of processor, the capacity of the hard disk, and the RAM of the device, as well as connectivity options and screen size, among others.
Our Selection: The Best Apple Computers on the U.S. Market
When we go to buy tech products from popular manufacturers, making a decision can become a real headache. Apple computers guarantee unparalleled quality and design, but you can’t simply pick the first model you find on the market. To help you get it right, we have selected the best options currently available to you:
- Best Apple Laptop for Professionals
- Best Budget-Friendly Apple Desktop Computer
- Best Apple Laptop for Students & Travelers
- Best Apple Computer for Creative Professionals
Best Apple Laptop for Professionals
If you’re looking for the best performance from an Apple laptop for your work, the 16-inch MacBook Pro is what you need. This powerful device integrates a 6-core Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, and an internal storage capacity of 512GB. It’s an all-round top-quality computer with which you can travel and carry out any task you need.
Best Budget-Friendly Apple Desktop Computer
If you’re looking for a desktop computer for domestic use, this 21.5-inch iMac will give you fantastic bang for your buck. It integrates a whopping 1TB hard drive so you can store all your files and data, with 8GB of RAM. In addition, this model is delivered with a Magic Mouse 2 and a Magic keyboard. This is an excellent desktop computer to work, study, or entertain yourself.
Best Apple Laptop for Students & Travelers
Amazon’s Choice for Apple computers is the popular 13-inch MacBook Air. This ultralight device is your ideal travel companion thanks to its portability and 12-hour battery life. It features a powerful dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, Intel HD 6000 graphics, 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage. Connectivity-wise, you will find a Thunderbolt 2 port and two USB 3 ports.
Best Apple Computer for Creative Professionals
If you’re looking for the best and nothing but the best to take your professional skills to the next level, this stunning 27-inch iMac is virtually unbeatable. Its 5K retinal display and 5120-by-2880 resolution will completely captivate you. It features an elegant and compact design that makes it particularly comfortable for a desktop computer. This iMac offers an unbelievable 32GB of RAM for 1TB of storage.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Apple Computers
Computers are part of our daily lives. Whether in the professional or personal sphere, they have become essential tools to connect to the ever-growing digital world. Apple has been at the forefront of this industry for decades now, with its different models aimed at all types of audiences. In the section below, we have answered the most frequently asked questions regarding these unique computers.
What is an Apple computer exactly?
What operating system do Apple computers use?
After Microsoft Windows, it stands as the second most used operating system in the world on the desktop, laptop, and home computer market.
Since 1998, Macs can also support operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD, and Windows. In addition, it is possible to modify Apple’s operating system to make it compatible with most existing hardware; this is called the OSx86 Project.
What is the latest macOS version?
|macOS High Sierra||10.13.6|
|OS X El Capitan||10.11.6|
|OS X Yosemite||10.10.5|
|OS X Mavericks||10.9.5|
|OS X Mountain Lion||10.8.5|
|OS X Lion||10.7.5|
|Mac OS X Snow Leopard||10.6.8|
|Mac OS X Leopard||10.5.8|
|Mac OS X Tiger||10.4.11|
|Mac OS X Panther||10.3.9|
|Mac OS X Jaguar||10.2.8|
|Mac OS X Puma||10.1.5|
|Mac OS X Cheetah||10.0.4|
What kinds of Apple computers are there?
|Apple desktop model||User type||Performance||Year of release|
|Mac Mini||Average, non-professional||Low performance, compact||2005|
|iMac||Average, professional||It combines only high-quality components.||1998|
|eMac||Educational sector||G4 processors and 17-inch CTR screens||2002 (discontinued)|
|iMac Pro||Professional||This is the most powerful of all iMacs.||2017|
|Apple laptop model||User type||Performance||Year of release|
|MacBook||Average, professional||It is the most sold and popular for its thickness and size||2006|
|MacBook Air||Average, non-professional||Outstanding for its portability, as it is ultra-light.||2015|
|MacBook Pro||Professional||Maximum power and performance||2006|
In addition, you can find Apple servers, which are more tailored to professional environments and companies. These include the Xserve, a powerful dual-core Intel Xeon server (discontinued in 2011), the MacPro Server, a special version of the Mac Pro with the same features as the Xserve, and the Mac Mini Server, a special version of the Mac Mini.
What advantages do Macs have over Windows computers?
- Apple manufactures its own hardware and software: Unlike Windows computers, Apple takes care of the whole production process of its devices. Through an integrated approach, it designs top-quality hardware and software to ensure maximum performance.
- The design of Mac computers is superior: Both desktop computers and MacBooks are characterized by their sophisticated appearance and the care given to their materials. It’s no surprise that many brands try to imitate them, from the sleek metallic finishes to the clean packaging.
- Apple’s operating system is more intuitive: macOS is another reason why these computers are simply better. You can start using it right out of the box: all you need to do is set up your iCloud account. Windows, on the other hand, generally requires a more extensive configuration.
- The productivity of Apple computers is superior: Features such as the keyboard shortcuts, the Multi-Touch gestures of the trackpad, or the Magic Mouse are very effective tools to improve your productivity.
- Mac security is very high: While the operating system isn’t impenetrable (no system is), the macOS has much fewer viruses than Windows. This means that you are less exposed to threats than with the Microsoft operating system.
Why do all Apple computers require an Apple ID?
Every time you set up a new Apple device, make a purchase or use a service, you will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID and password. Once you set it up, it’s a very safe system to use – as long as you don’t share it with anyone else!
What is iCloud exactly?
What apps come with my Mac?
- Photos: You can have all your photos and videos at hand to edit and retouch, or even make gifts to frame for your loved ones. Plus, you can save a considerable amount of media files on iCloud.
- iMovie: This application is a video editing tool that will change the way you tell stories. With an intuitive interface and 4K quality compatibility, you’ll be creating true Hollywood-style movies in no time.
- GarageBand: If you like to write music, this app will become part of your daily life. With a vast sound library at your disposal, you will learn to play, record, and share your own music like a pro.
- Pages: A quality word processor is key in any computer, and Apple provides you with the best tools to create great documents.
- Numbers: If you need spreadsheets, Numbers makes it easy to edit graphs, tables, and images so that your figures speak for themselves.
- Keynote: This is the ideal tool for all your presentations. Make your ideas shine with the design options, effects, and filters that this application provides to capture your audience.
- Safari: Apple’s own browser will make your relationship with the Internet unique. Its security features protect your data and device, with a homepage that lets you save, search, and share your favorite sites at the click of a button. You can also take advantage of great tips from Siri, the company’s virtual assistant.
What professional software is included with Apple computers?
- Logic Pro X: This complete MIDI recording and production studio has everything you need to compose, record, mix, and edit music. Its otherworldly collection of plug-ins, sounds, and loops will help you finish your projects like a true sound engineer.
- Main Stage 3: Turn your Mac into a live performance device and transform your keyboard, guitar, or vocals into the show you always dreamed of giving. Captivate your audience.
- Final Cut Pro X: The best tool for the most creative video professionals, it integrates advanced editing and multimedia content organization features.
- Motion: This animation application is the best there is to create 2D and 3D titles, fluid transitions, and impressive effects to watch in real-time.
- Compressor: You can use it to export Final Cut Pro projects quickly and efficiently.
If you’re thinking about getting your own Mac, it means you want to take your performance and productivity to new heights. These computers are the top choice of executives and professionals in every field. If you want to pick the model that best suits your needs, pay attention to the following criteria:
This is basically the motor of computers, and Apple has spared no expense on it. Whether you’re choosing a Mac for gaming, social networking, or professional purposes, you need to make sure you can perform all the tasks without problems. Opt for a model with at least a dual-core Intel Core i5 processor.
The connectivity options of the devices are one of the areas in which Apple has most evolved over time. Nowadays, taking this factor into account is essential, as most of us have to work with several devices at once. The brand has also designed accessories that allow you access to more USB, USB-C, HDMI ports if needed.
The battery is a key aspect for anyone purchasing a new computer. Luckily for us, Apple models offer an overall autonomy that often exceeds their competitors. However, a desktop computer that is always plugged in is different from a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. Choose your device based on how you want to use it.
Mac computers are the work of the mythical company founded by Steve Jobs, Apple. They are at the forefront of technology due to the power of their processors, the simple and intuitive interface of their operating system (macOS), and the attractive and compact design of all their components.
The Mac line offers desktop computers, laptops, and servers, each including various models tailored to specific user profiles. In any case, you always need to set up your personal Apple ID that will grant you access to extensive benefits. Not to mention the fantastic professional applications you can use!
We hope that you found our article on Apple computers helpful and informative. We’d love to hear which model you chose, so feel free to leave us a comment below. You can also share this guide on your social media for others to enjoy!
(Featured Image Source: Escamilla: ABDTiLqDhJA-/ Unsplash.com)