How we pick our products
Portable music listening has been a craze for many years, and with the invention of smartphones, it is reaching new heights. Today we can take our music with us wherever we go, even without annoying cables involved. Don’t think so? Then you need to try Bluetooth headphones!
Traveling by train, going out for a run, or taking a leisurely walk are no longer activities to be done in silence, or with bulky devices that take you out of the moment. Bluetooth headphones make all the difference to your daily wellbeing, giving you an overall better experience. Read on to learn everything about these handy little devices!
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 The best Bluetooth headphones on the U.S. market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything you should know about bluetooth headphones
- 3.1 What are Bluetooth headphones exactly?
- 3.2 What can I use Bluetooth headphones for?
- 3.3 How do I make sure my Bluetooth headphones have high-quality sound?
- 3.4 What types of Bluetooth headphones exist?
- 3.5 How do you charge Bluetooth headphones?
- 3.6 What is the best version of Bluetooth?
- 3.7 How do Bluetooth headphones pair with other devices?
- 3.8 Can Bluetooth headphones connect to several devices?
- 3.9 Is the frequency of Bluetooth headphones important?
- 3.10 What should I be careful of with Bluetooth headphones?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- Bluetooth headphones use wireless technology to establish wireless communication, which allows you to listen to any type of sound with high quality and high transmission speed. They are perfect for listening to music or making hands-free calls, as they usually include a microphone.
- Naturally, both devices must have Bluetooth connectivity in order to pair together. Most people use their smartphone since we always have it on hand, and many have Bluetooth capabilities.
- In addition to the quality and comfort of these headphones, there are several models that allow you to customize the settings to your preference. This means that you can use Bluetooth headphones at any age, for any activity, at any time.
The best Bluetooth headphones on the U.S. market
Since arriving on the market, Bluetooth headphones gain more ground every year, especially among young people. This demand has created headphones with all types of different designs and features that are available today. It can be confusing to decide which ones to choose among the many out there. This is why we have created our ranking, to help make your decision easier.
LETSCOM Bluetooth Headphones
These headphones come in several color options, and are great for the active wearer. With the soft silicone ear hooks, you can be sure your headphones are comfortable and secure, even during the most intense workout. They are also waterproof, so they will last against rain, sweat, ect.
These headphones by Letscom are modern and easy to use. They feature control buttons on the headphones so that you can play and pause music, adjust the volume, skip tracks, answer and end calls, and activate the voice control of your phone with one simple touch. They also have up to 8 hours talk time/audio play time!
COWIN E7 Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones
These premium noise cancelling headphones are great for those looking to get work done without outside distractions. The COWIN E7 headphones also provide a high-quality built-in microphone for hands-free calls, which can be controlled by voice prompts. These powerful headphones also offer 30 hours of play time per charge!
If you’re looking for a high quality pair of noise cancelling headphones, then these are perfect for you. They are not recommended for workouts, but are great for cancelling out airplane cabin noise, city traffic or a busy office, allowing you to enjoy your music, movies and videos.
SoundPEATS True Wireless 5.0 Bluetooth Headphones
These compact headphones are great for wireless listening on the go. Built-in microphones in both earbuds allow you to enjoy hands-free calls with single or both earbuds. These intuitive devices auto power on and enter pairing mode right after out of charging case. This is a great option for traveling with your headphones.
As these headphones charge in their case, you can enjoy 3.5-4 hours working time per charge for the earbuds, 9-10 times full charge by the charging case. These headphones should pair well with all of your devices, as long as they are Bluetooth-enabled with version 4.0 or above, including iOS, Android and Windows.
Mpow Flame IPX7 Waterproof Wireless Sport Earbuds
Available in several different colors, these headphones are also great for your workouts. They are designed for sports with intense movements, and come with 4 pairs of soft silicone ear tips in different sizes, one pair of memory foam ear tips and one optional wire clip for different ear canals. This way, you can be sure your headphones are secure and comfortable.
They are also noise canceling, which means they can filter out ambient noise while you are taking calls, ensuring crystal-clear voice calls. Mpow Flame headphones offer 7-9 hours of play / talk time after only 2 hours of charge. Keep in mind, they do not come with a charging case.
TOZO T10 Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earbuds with Wireless Charging Case
Also available in several color options, these headphones are great for having secure and comfortable devices on the go. They are also waterproof, including charging case! This means it is possible to immerse in water up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes.
The high-level water-resistance makes these headphones suitable for sports to prevent water damage. Ideal for sweating it out at the gym, and you can even wash the earbuds! TOZO T10 wireless earbuds can last for over 3. 5 hours’ playtime from a single charge and 9 extra hours in the compact charging case. These are great options for the busy user.
Shopping Guide: Everything you should know about bluetooth headphones
Listening to music and making calls wirelessly is becoming easier and more comfortable. Whether it rains, or doing an intense workout, Bluetooth headphones are prepared for anything. However, with so many options available, it can be confusing to know which is the best. In this section, we answer all of your frequently asked questions about Bluetooth headphones.
What are Bluetooth headphones exactly?
Bluetooth technology is used to make these type of headphones, and is basically operated by a wireless transmission of data (music, photos) and voice between different devices that are a short distance away. Mobile phones were the first devices to have Bluetooth technology, and are great today for using less cables.
What can I use Bluetooth headphones for?
|Mode||What it is for|
|Mono|| Ideal for driving.
You can listen to music or make calls while paying attention to the road.
|Stereo|| The best way to listen to two high-quality channels.
Very useful while playing sports, traveling, or relaxing.
|Shared Use||In a hyperconnected world, this mode is great for sharing music, movies, or other content with friends and family, as long as they have Bluetooth devices.|
How do I make sure my Bluetooth headphones have high-quality sound?
- Transducer quality
- Quality of DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter), that is, the converter that transmits the signal from digital to analogue
- Noise cancelling technology
- The most updated Bluetooth technology, to ensure good connectivity
What types of Bluetooth headphones exist?
|Headphone type||Features and Ideal Use|
|Intra-mural|| For sports and physical activities.
They fit comfortably inside the ear and offer better support.
They are compact and lightweight.
In general, they are waterproof, so they withstand rain and sweat.
|Supra-aural|| Better for working inside, at home or in an office.
They offer a balance between comfort, lightness, and sound quality.
They have a headband to hold them in place and fit over the ear.
|Circumaural|| For those looking for high frequency range, high-power, and sound quality without distortion.
They also have a headband, with large pads that cover the ears.
How do you charge Bluetooth headphones?
It is normal for the weight and size of the headphones to influence the size and capacity of the battery. Typically, your headphones should have between 5 and 10 hours of play time, but this can depend on usage. This is a good option because the battery life does not influence the sound quality.
What is the best version of Bluetooth?
Today, most Bluetooth devices feature the 5.0 version. Experts say that this version has a range of up to 4 times more than the 4.0 version. It is also proven that data transmission is better, and saves more energy.
How do Bluetooth headphones pair with other devices?
- Activate pairing mode on the headphones. Usually, this is done by pressing and holding the power button or ID SET.
- Wait for the indicator to flash or make a sound. This will show that the pairing is successful.
- Activate the device (computer, smartphone, or tablet) to pair with bluetooth devices. The modes will vary depending on the device you have. It is best to read the included instructions.
- Enjoy the comforts of wireless listening. Once the devices are paired, they should automatically connect the next time you use them.
Can Bluetooth headphones connect to several devices?
Is the frequency of Bluetooth headphones important?
- Severe: between 10 and 256 Hz
- Medium: between 10 and 2000 Hz
- Acute: between 2000 and 20000 Hz
What should I be careful of with Bluetooth headphones?
- If they are intramural, do not put them too much inside your ears.
- Use a moderate volume, so that your music cannot be heard outside your headphones.
- When removing them from your ears, do it delicately without pulling them too forcefully
- Clean your ears more frequently, since headphones can cause the accumulation of wax.
- Try, if possible, not to share your headphones with other people.
- Use a mild cleaning product to disinfect and sterilize them.
- If you can, replace the pads often, especially if they are dry.
Bluetooth headphones are becoming more and more sophisticated and there is a wide variety available. The model you want will depend on how you plan to use them. In this section, we have detailed some criteria that is essential to consider before making a purchase. Whatever bluetooth headphone model you are after, we will help you make the right decision. You should consider:
- Sound quality (frequency)
- Ergonomic Design
- Battery and range
- Bluetooth version
Sound quality (frequency)
The main reason we buy Bluetooth headphones is because we want good quality sound. This is why we must look at the frequency in the product description. Unless we are specifically looking for certain frequencies, it is ideal to have as wide a sound range as possible.
We generally use headphones when we have down time. This may be when we are working, driving, traveling, or working out. As time goes by, it is better to have headphones that fit comfortably in your ear. This will help you have a better experience, and can event prevent health risks.
Battery and range
As the same with smartphones, nobody likes for their devices to run out of battery. While the battery life of Bluetooth headphones depends on the use, battery capacity is something to consider. It is recommended that this is not less than 300 mAh.
If we want the best Bluetooth technology, we must choose a device with the latest version. This can greatly affect the connectivity between your headphones and your other devices. You want to make sure you avoid sudden cuts and interferences due to distance. Therefore, it is best to choose headphones with Bluetooth version 5.0.
Even if you only plan to use your headphones indoors, there is a chance you may encounter rain or be sweaty. Therefore, it is important to have Bluetooth headphones that are capable of resisting these factors. Whether or not your headphones are waterproof is something you should consider when purchasing a pair.
Bluetooth headphones allow us to comfortably listen to music, or take calls, completely cable free. Thanks to Bluetooth technology, wireless connection ensures great sound quality and several features that fit individual needs.
Whether you are playing sports, exercising, enjoying a quiet train ride, or relaxing on your couch at home, you can pair your Bluetooth headphones easily with all of your devices. They have great range, and are easily charged from their case, making them very convenient in any situation.
If you liked this article, share it on your social media so that others can discover more information about Bluetooth headphones. You can also leave us a comment and we will be happy to respond!
(Source of featured image: Dean Drobot: 93623599/ 123rf.com)