How we pick our products
Listening to your favorite artists with headphones is a profoundly intimate experience. As you probably know, this isn’t the only function these devices can do. In fact, most of us need to have headphones that integrate a microphone to make calls or video conferences without losing that intimacy.
Choosing the right model isn’t an easy task, and it’s not just because there is an incredible range of products on the market. It is also because it should be suited to your personal needs and preferences. This is why you can learn everything there is to know about headphones with mic in the following article.
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Headphones With Mic on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Headphones With Mic
- 4 Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Summary
- Start by defining how you plan on using the device. At what time of day? In your home or at the office? You will need to answer these questions before you can choose a specific model.
- It is also essential that you know the level of quality you are looking for and determine your budget accordingly. You might just want a wireless model for greater comfort. If you need the headphones for work, however, you should prioritize better sound quality. Finally, don’t forget to check the type of connection and the noise isolation capacity.
- There are some key aspects that you should look into when choosing your headphones with mic. These include the mobility and the comfort of the device. In that regard, your decision between wired and wireless headphones is critical, but keep in mind that this will also influence the sound quality.
Our Selection: The Best Headphones With Mic on the U.S. Market
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase, which is why we have selected some of the best headphones with mic currently available out there. In the brief descriptions we have included, you can learn more about their specific characteristics and functionalities.
- Best Wireless Headphones With Mic
- Best Gaming Headphones With Mic
- Best In-Ear Buds With Mic
- Most Stylish Headphones With Mic
Best Wireless Headphones With Mic
Designed with a high-quality noise-canceling system to fully immerse yourself in your music, these wireless headphones by Cowin connect to your devices via Bluetooth. The large ear cups cover your ears for greater comfort, and you can wear them in style with 6 different colors available. 18-month warranty included.
Best Gaming Headphones With Mic
This Amazon Best Seller is a favorite among gamers, and it’s easy to see why. These wired headphones work on virtually any gaming platform – from PS4 and Xbox to Android devices – and integrate an anti-static mic so you can guide your team to the victory. In addition, the headband and earcups are carefully padded for optimized comfort. This product comes with a 12-month warranty.
Best In-Ear Buds With Mic
If you prefer something small, easy to use, and very affordable, look no further. Panasonic’s ErgoFit earbuds are available in 15 colors to match your style and come with 3 sizes of earpads for customization. You can easily slip them in your pocket when you’re done using them, making them ideal when you’re on the go with little space available. This is the cheapest model of our selection.
Most Stylish Headphones With Mic
We know just how important style is, which is why we couldn’t Mpow’s supra-aural headphones aside. Their sleek design is matched only by their affordability. Besides, you can use this device wirelessly or with a cable, which means that you will never be left without music. You can also fold them up and store them in the carry bag.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Headphones With Mic
Before you decide to purchase your headphones with mic, you need to familiarize yourself with the features and functions these devices can offer. In the following section, we have answered the most frequently asked questions regarding this product. Pay attention to our recommendations, and we are confident you will make the right decision.
What are headphones with mic exactly?
These headsets are ideal if you are the kind of person that multitasks or if you simply need a versatile device. They are growing in popularity thanks to their comfort and adaptability when using a computer, tablet, or cell phone. As you discovered in our selection above, they come in a wide range of designs, styles, and with different features.
What types of headphones with mic are there?
There is an incredible variety of headphones, both in size and shape, on the American market. The vast majority of them are either wired or operate via Bluetooth. In the following list, we have described the different types of headphones with mic that you can find out there.
Also called in-ear buds, they are often included with cell phones. While the majority are wired, you can find some wireless models. Offering great value for money, this type particularly stands out for its portability and lightness.
Their design means that they take up the whole ear canal, preventing external noise from being heard. Many athletes turn to these headphones during their workouts. This is why manufacturers have developed models with cables behind the head or in the shape of a hook to hold them around the ear.
This is your best option if you’re looking for something that isn’t too intrusive, but that still provides a whole lot of comfort for more extended use. While you have to place them over your ears, they don’t cover them entirely. You can use them to go for walks or simply while you’re at home. These products are designed to reduce the weight on your neck and ears.
You can find relatively small models manufactured with resistant materials. They won’t take up much space, either; in fact, some supra-aural headphones are foldable. On the downside, their sound quality is compromised because their sound reduction doesn’t fully prevent sound leakage.
This type of headphones completely covers the ears and is, therefore, much larger than supra-aural models. This is precisely why they offer the best noise reduction. Circumaural headphones are almost exclusively used in professional studios or at home due to their large size.
The characteristic that makes them truly stand out is their sound quality. In addition, they offer incredible comfort during use. Their cozy ear pads surround the ear, leaving some room to avoid discomfort. These headphones are held in place by a headband structure.
Open or closed headphones?
Closed models, on the other hand, completely isolate the listener from the outside world. In fact, the sound doesn’t leak at all, which is why you should use them at a lower volume. Closed headphones are great for outdoors. The following tables should help you decide which model is more suitable for you:
Open headphones with mic
Closed headphones with mic
Wired or wireless headphones?
Features vary from one model to the next. Still, some users claim the quality of wireless headphones has deteriorated because they are designed to provide comfort while working out or traveling. Devices that work with radio signals tend to offer the highest quality without giving up on freedom of movement.
What are the advantages of wireless headphones?
- Comfort: This is the main reason why wireless models stand out. You no longer have to fight tangled wires and work with the small length of the cable. You can listen to music stress-free, anywhere in your home or studio. In most cases, these headphones are large and feature adaptive earpads.
- Distance: If you have wired headphones, you can only go as far as the cable allows you to – generally around 6 feet. Wireless devices, on the other hand, offer different distance ranges. The number of milliwatts of the product determines its operating range.
- Connectivity: Along with freedom of movement, this is certainly one of the most valued qualities. Integrating Bluetooth technology, this type of device offers incredible connectivity because you can connect it to virtually any electronic equipment. You can now forget all about compatibility between equipment and connectors!
How can I use my headphones correctly?
We have prepared the following list to help you understand what you should do to avoid hearing problems:
- Regulate the volume: According to data from the World Health Organization (WHO), 328 million adults have disabling hearing loss around the world. They also point out that exposure to very high noise is one of the leading causes. That is why we recommend you keep the volume of your device between 60 and 70 percent at all times.
- Be careful with the cable: While wireless headphones are gaining in popularity, many manufacturers still market models with cables. If this is what you opt for, make sure you roll them up properly before storing them. You should also avoid unplugging the headphones suddenly, as this may cause discomfort to your eardrums.
- Take pauses for your ears: Taking care of your hearing is simple if you take some time off to rest. Even car simulators recommend 15-minute breaks. Ideally, you should take your headphones off for at least five minutes every hour of use. This will reduce the cumulative damage you may be exposed to.
If you are thinking of getting your own headphones with mic, you will have to evaluate a series of key shopping criteria. In the section below, we have detailed the aspects that are most important when making your decision. Take them into account and you’ll be on the right track to choose the perfect model for you.
The frequency range is a vital aspect. Your ear has a range from 20 hertz (Hz) to 20,000 hertz (20 kHz), and the ideal headphones should cover this range. You should also check how quickly the devices changes frequencies; the faster it does, the richer the sound.
In addition, you may want to pay attention to the size and number of transducers, which are responsible for converting electricity into sound. Larger ones offer excellent bass frequency reproduction. Headphones that integrate drivers for both bass and treble will deliver clean, accurate sound.
Besides audio quality, sound profiles are another factor you want to look at. Note that this doesn’t necessarily define the quality of the headphones. What we really mean is the predefined equalization, which is itself linked to the ability to change frequency range.
There are various types of equalization. Balanced or flat styles are widespread and the most faithful to the original recording; they are recommended for genres such as classical music. The V-EQ accentuates bass and treble in more grating genres. Last but not least, bass headphones are designed to boost bass and increase depth in sound.
This criterion relates to the headphones’ ability to prevent sound from escaping or entering. As we discussed earlier, it is a common feature in closed models. You can also find headphones with active noise-canceling systems on the market. This technology emits an artificial sound wave that reduces the ambient noise.
This is a key factor for everyone, and it can radically change your perception of music. Headband models stand among the most comfortable headphones out there, thanks to their large earcups and adjustable ear pads. Other aspects also play a role in the comfort that these devices offer, such as the manufacturing material, the softness of the ear pads, or the pressure on your head.
Size & Design
This is a particularly important point if you are the type of person who likes to listen to music on the move. Models with headband are undeniably the most practical when you’re out and about. Besides, most are foldable and won’t take up much space. However, you may want to opt for something a little more discreet if you are using them in the office. In the end, your needs and preferences should determine your choice.
Will you prioritize sound quality or practicality? This answer will influence the type of connection you need. Models that integrate Bluetooth technology have indeed grown in popularity in recent years. That being said, these systems rarely offer the same sound quality as wired headphones in similar price ranges.
Choosing the right headphones with mic certainly isn’t that easy. There is an incredible range of products on the market, tailored to different needs and tastes. Make sure you know exactly how you want to use the device before you make your decision.
We hope that our guide provided the information you were looking for to be able to pick the right headphones. Now that you are more familiar with the different types available, as well as the main shopping criteria to keep in mind, we’re sure you have a good idea of the direction you need to take.
If you enjoyed our guide on headphones with mic, feel free to leave us a comment in the section below. You can also share this article on your social media!
(Source of featured image: RoyBuri: 3345917/ 123rf.com)