How we pick our products
Currently, most people have a laptop. This shows that this item has become increasingly popular on the market and that it is versatile enough to meet the needs of many different types of users. Many people spend a lot of time on their laptops, whether it is for fun or work, so you should choose the best one for you. Plus they are super easy to take with you in your backpack or laptop bag.
As there are many different models for different users currently on the market, it is important to understand the different details that you should be looking for when making your purchase. We have created this shopping guide to help you make the best choice. We will go over the basic aspects and important criteria that you should know. Stay tuned!
- 1 Key Facts
- 2 Our Selection: The Best Laptops on the U.S. Market
- 3 Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Laptops
- 3.1 What is a laptop exactly and what can I use one for?
- 3.2 What types of laptops are there?
- 3.3 What is the difference between HDD and SSD?
- 3.4 What type and size of laptop should I purchase?
- 3.5 What factors should I keep in mind when purchasing my laptop?
- 3.6 Should I get a laptop with integrated graphics or dedicated graphics?
- 4 Shopping Criteria
- 5 Summary
- A laptop is a very versatile item. You should be able to use it for many different tasks. Make sure to look for one that is of good quality and within your budget.
- The screen size, processing unit, RAM, graphics card, and storage system are all important factors to keep in mind when making your purchase.
- At the end of this article, we will give you a list of criteria that will help you make the best choice possible based on your needs.
Our Selection: The Best Laptops on the U.S. Market
In the following list, we will provide a list of our favorite laptops on the U.S. market. All of the items on our list have great quality and price. If you choose one of the following computers, you are sure to be satisfied.
The first item on our list is an Amazon’s choice; you are sure to be satisfied. This is a Chromebook, which is a very small laptop great for simpler use. This laptop is perfect if you are on a budget, as it costs less than 200 dollars. This is a great price. We will talk more about Chromebooks later on in the article.
Best Convertible Laptop
The second item is the number 1 best seller of its kind on Amazon; it has many positive reviews. This is a convertible 2-in-1 laptop, which means you can bend the screen back and turn it into a tablet. We will delve deeper into these types of laptops in the shopping guide.
Best Gaming Laptop
The third item on our list is also an Amazon’s choice. If you are a gamer, you can’t go wrong with this laptop. This computer is specifically designed to take your gaming to another level. You may want to also consider a gaming monitor.
Best Huawei Laptop
The last laptop on our list is considered an ultrabook and also comes from a famous Chinese company, Huawei. These types of laptops are a great choice as they are small but very versatile. We will talk more about why you should get an ultrabook later on in this article.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Laptops
What is a laptop exactly and what can I use one for?
Laptops used to be much heavier than they are today. Currently, thanks to advanced technology, most of these items on the market are extremely light making them very easy to carry with you.
What types of laptops are there?
- Gaming Laptops: These laptops are made specifically for gamers. They often have strong processors and a RAM between 8 and 16 GB or more. This model often has large storage capacity and a powerful graphics card that can handle games that take up a lot of space.
- 2-in-1 Convertible and Hybrid Laptops: The main characteristic of this model of laptop is that the screen can be bent back to turn it into a tablet.
- Chromebooks: These laptops are very small, usually only 11 inches wide and use Chrome OS as their operating system. They are made for surfing the web and for small tasks, like storing files. however, their hard drive is not as large as other types of laptops. You should save files in Google Drive or in your cloud to avoid filling up your computer’s memory too quickly.
- Ultrabooks: These light, thin laptops are usually between 13 and 14 inches wide and work amazingly. They may have processing units like i5 or i7. These computers stick out because they turn on very quickly and have an SSD storage system. Their battery also lasts for a long time.
- Netbooks: These laptops are similar to Chromebooks. The difference is that Netbooks run on Windows instead of Chrome OS. This type is probably the most limited as you can only surf the web and type. They used to be much more popular.
What is the difference between HDD and SSD?
|Made up of different moving parts. Therefore, they can be damaged more easily.||No moving parts. This makes them more resistant to damage and data loss.|
|Less Expensive.||More Expensive.|
|Large storage capacity.||Smaller storage capacity.|
|Not as fast as SSD.||Much faster and smoother than HDD.|
|Larger.||Smaller and often much thinner.|
What type and size of laptop should I purchase?
In any case, if you are going to use your computer for gaming, you need to choose one with powerful graphics. These are called gaming laptops. Also, as we explained above, ultrabooks offer great performance and are very versatile. It is also important that you buy a laptop within your budget.
If you choose to buy an ultrabook, make sure that it is a later model. We say this because when these laptops first came onto the market, they did not have the quality that they have today. Now, many advantages come with this model of computer. They are light but powerful. These laptops are also very fast and turn on almost instantly. They have an SSD system, great graphics, long-lasting battery, and good connectivity.
What factors should I keep in mind when purchasing my laptop?
- Intel Celeron: This is the most basic model from Intel. This type of processor will not work with advanced apps like games.
- Intel Pentium: This processor is better than Intel Celeron, but still only works for surfing the web, word documents, and viewing videos and images.
- Intel Core i3/i5/i7: This model is currently the most popular. I3 is the simpler version while i5 is for more versatile use. I7 is much more advanced and powerful. Since the Y generation is low consumption and much weaker, the U generation is better. There are also other generations available.
- Intel Xeon: This processor is the strongest and most advanced from Intel. They are made for professional use.
- AMD Athlon: These are the most basic AMD processors.
- AMD A and E: These work if you are not going to use advanced apps or games.
- AMD FX: These processors can have 4 to 8 cores. The performance depends on the model. For example, FX 8300 is great for most games.
- AMD Ryzen: This processor has competition with Intel Core i5 and i7.
- AMD Epyc: These processors have incredible performance and are not too expensive. This is Intel Xeon’s competition.
Another aspect that you should keep in mind when deciding which laptop to purchase is its RAM. The smallest, simplest computers often have 2 GB. However, we recommend that you get a laptop with at least 4 GB of Ram so that the memory does not fill up too quickly. Some models have up to 128 GB.
Should I get a laptop with integrated graphics or dedicated graphics?
Dedicated graphics will help you get the job done. With this type of graphics, you will be able to edit photos and videos or play video games. The performance of your laptop will also depend on the graphics card. The most common graphics cards come from the brands Nvidia and AMD.
If you have reached this part of the article, you are probably still considering buying a new laptop. Congratulations! However, you may still have some questions or doubts. This is completely normal. We have created a list of criteria that will help you make the best purchase.
When it comes to shopping criteria, one of the most important factors is your budget. Once you have decided how much you want to spend on a laptop, you then need to figure out what exactly you will use it for. This is vital because how you use your laptop will determine its size.
You need to think about where you will take this item. If the laptop is going to stay in only one place, you can get a model with a bigger screen. If you are going to take the laptop around with you, you should get a smaller, lighter laptop, around 14 inches wide. You also need to make sure that the laptop has all of the functions that you need.
If you are just looking to search the web, type, or store photos, you do not need a very powerful laptop. You could even get a smaller computer. If you need to use it for more tasks, we recommend an ultrabook. If you are going to use your computer to edit photos or videos or play videos games at a professional level, you will need at least an i7 processor, a RAM of 8 GB, and a powerful graphics
The graphics card of your laptop will determine your experience. Many models come with integrated graphics, which is good enough if you are not going to use the product with larger programs or games. This type of graphics usually only lets you play simple games as it has lower resolution and graphics quality.
However, we recommend you get a computer with dedicated graphics. You will surely be able to find one with dedicated graphics, a good processor, and decent RAM within your budget. This is something that you will have to keep in mind when making your purchase, as these factors will determine the performance of your computer.
This aspect is very important. Currently, most laptops come with an HDMI port, multiple USB ports, and even type C ports. You should also make sure that your computer has Bluetooth and wifi connectivity. This should not be hard as almost all laptops have these functions. However, most do not have CD/DVD lots anymore.
View this post on Instagram
Wouldn't you love to have someone help you sort your apps & folders & create short-cuts to your desktop. Well, now you can! Bring yourself & your laptop to our session tomorrow 10 – 12 & #getorganised. www.growbiz.co.uk/events #MakingRuralBusinessDigital #clearout #computer #laptop #organise #declutter #learning #alwayslearning #enterprisesupport #Perthshire #ruralbusiness
Laptops are such versatile items. You can use them for many different tasks. We want you to be able to enjoy your new computer and to have the best experience possible. In the shopping guide and review, we are confident that we have provided you with the correct information to help you make the best choice possible. Now, it is up to you. So, what are you waiting for?
We hope that you have enjoyed our article about laptops. If you liked this shopping guide and review, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media. Thank you so much.
(Source of featured image: John Schnobrich: yFbyvpEGHFQ/ Unsplash .com)